Thursday 1 November 2018

Mica Powder Cards by Suzy Loudon

Hi. Today I made some simple cards using the lovely Mica Powders.
Unfortunately it's really hard to capture the shimmer in the photos...but it is there.


I grabbed my Colour Mica Powders in Polar, Watermelon, Wisteria, Cool Mint, Lemon Zing & Peach. Along with that I grabbed a butterfly stamp, my Versa Mark stamp pad, my stipple brush and a white card.


I stamped the butterfly stamp onto the card. You can just see it.


To add colour I dipped my stipple brush into the mica and dabbed it onto the stamped image.


Using a feather brush I brushed off the excess mica. I continued adding colour as I went.


After starting off brushing each colour off after applying I decided to try something different. This time I added all the mica colours then brushed it all off in one go. I liked this way better.


You can see some of the shimmer here.


I then moved on to embossing my chipboard sentiments with Rose Petal & Deep Water Colour Embossing Powder.


I added a spotty border using Lavender Liquid Pearls.


I felt it still needed something so I used Snow White Colour Paste through a stencil.


With that I was done.



Thanks for taking the time to look. 
Have a great day
xxx Suzy




No comments:

Post a Comment