Monday 12 November 2018

My (not so) evil witch by Charmane Koch

Hey Everyone! Happy Monday!

Today I want to share with you a layout I have created with a Halloween colour scheme - nice BRIGHT Purple, Orange, Gold & Green - well that's the colours I think of for Halloween!

I have used a photo of my daughter dressed up as a witch for a Halloween Disco she went to last year!


I first started off covering a piece of thick White cardstock with Heavy White Gesso using a metal spatula. I dried with a heat gun.


After the gesso fully dried I sprayed a mix of Colour Artist Ink Spice & Water which I dried using a heat gun. I did a few layers until I was happy with the brightness of the Orange.



I then used Colour Paste Royalty to create the Purple stars using a stencil and the Metal Spatula. I let this dry naturally as I wanted a smoothness rather than if I used the heat gun, which would have made the Paste bubble.



I also decided to use Gesso to create the White Stars...


While waiting for that to dry I coloured some Wood Veneer stars using the Colour Shimmer Gold Silver Brush Marker... by squeezing more of the liquid comes out and it becomes so shimmery once dried...



I decided I needed more stars so used a smaller star stencil...


I also used the pen to outline the White Gesso stars, which actually had a green tinge once dried...


Once everything on my background had dried, I layered the rest of my embellishments, photos and title to the page. I added journalling and created a border using a journalling pen.

Here is what the full page looks like:


Love the glitter and shine!



I hope you've been inspired to create using your Halloween photos!

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment