Friday 7 December 2018

"Hooray" by Amanda H

Hi all,

Welcome to December and my first page share for the month. I have a bright page made with the wonderful Colour Artist Inks.

Here is a sneak peek of the page.


Now, let me show you the steps I took to create the page.


I decided to do a negative stencil print for this page, so I collected some Colour Artist Inks in Lime, Grass and Citrus.


I sprayed a little water on the stencil and messy mat, and then added a few drops of each colour of the Artist Inks.


 I placed a white sheet of cardstock on top of the stencil and inks....


And used a brayer to flatten the cardstock over the stencil and colour.


The first sheet of paper had lots of colour, maybe I added too much ink?


I repeated the process and the second sheet of white cardstock had the negative stencil effect I wanted. I saved the first sheet as I know I will be able to use it for something.


I always like to colour some white muslin to match layouts. I turned this pink using Colour Artist Inks in Slipper.


Once the page had dried, I added a layer of Colour Paste in Blush through a stencil.


The last step I did, was to add a few splatters of Colour Artist Inks in Soot.



Here is the page finished!


I embellished along the bottom of the photos, with the muslin and a collection of leaves, sequins, buttons and threads.




It was fun to create this bright page, to showcase a bunch of tulips.

Thanks for looking,
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment