Friday 21 December 2018

Teacher chalkboard, by Amanda H

Hi all,

I love to make custom gifts for my kid's teachers. This year I used Colour Blast to create this teacher blackboard.


Here is how I did it.

Firstly, I used Colour Blast, in Fire Engine through a word/quote stencil directly onto the blackboard.

Then for extra colour I also swiped some Colour Paste in Steel through.
I did all the stencil on the back of the blackboard, and then repeated two lines of the stencil along the bottom of the front of the blackboard.
Then I sprayed the blackboard, firstly with Colour Shimmer Spray in Fire Engine.

And then sprayed again in Colour Shimmer Spray in Steel.

I also added some painted stripes around the edges and some splatters with my old Colour Shimmer Cube in Steel.
I decided to add the butterfly chipboard flourish to the board. I inked it grey and then embossed it using Colour Embossing Powder in Steel.
In the end I used both the sprays and cubes in Fire Engine and Steel to add colour to the blackboard. These colours look so great together on the black background of the blackboard.

 And here it is!
I added the teacher's name and some stickers to finish the project.
Front of the board...
Back of the board....
Close up of the chipboard...
Thanks so much for looking today!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment