Wednesday 5 December 2018

"Together" scrapbook layout + process video by Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
It's Sue Plumb here with my latest Colour Blast design team project for you. Today I have a 12x12" mixed media scrapbook layout to share that features Colour Spray, Colour Artist Inks and Colour Paste. It also features a photo of one of my most special scrappy friends and I that was taken at a scrap retreat earlier this year.


To start my page, I applied 'Indigo' Colour Spray to my cardstock using a wide brush. (I chose indigo as my base colour because it matched the highlights in my hair.) 


I then mixed some white acrylic paint with a few drops of both 'Lime' and 'Grass' Colour Artist Inks, using an old ice cream container lid as my palette.


Once the paint was tinted, I used a brayer to apply it to my page over the top of the Colour Spray I had brushed on.


Next, I added some more colour, by dripping some 'Lime' Colour Artist Ink directly onto my page using the dropper from the bottle, before tilting my page around to help the ink run. 


Once I had dried the paint and ink, I added some stamping over the top using a floral stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps and some StazOn ink. 
Then it was time to add some texture and a bit more colour. I used 'Just Blue' Colour Paste, which I applied with a palette knife through a floral stencil before drying it off with a heat gun.


With my background layers in place, I then added my papery layers using patterned papers from Cocoa Vanilla Studio and also some frayed gauze before adding my photo on top.


I also added some gorgeous floral cut files from Cut to You (which I had Gwen cut for me as it was far easier than dragging out my own Silhouette! haha) I chose not to back them, and left them white to contrast against all the colour I had already used in the background. I also bent them up from the page in places, which only added to the dimension of my layout. 


I complimented the floral theme I already had going on in my background by adding some paper flowers and leaves (all from D-lish Scraps). It's been a long time since I used flowers on a page, so it was nice to use up some supplies that had been sitting around gathering dust.


I also used up some old wood veneer pieces and phrase strips from Cocoa Vanilla Studio, as well as my cardstock title that I added directly onto the bottom edge of my photo.

I then reached for my 'Soot' Colour Artist Ink and a fine brush to add some splatters to my page.


The final step was to use my 'Clear' Colour Shimmer Brush Marker to add some subtle sparkle to the paper flowers and leaves and also to the tips of some of the cut files. 


It was hard to capture the delicious sparkle, but I did my best!


If you would like to see exactly how this layout all came together, I have a process video available on the Colour Blast YouTube channel here:


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Until next time, happy scrapping! 


No comments:

Post a Comment