Wednesday 27 March 2019

"Be Fearless" by Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
Sue Plumb here to share my latest Colour Blast design team project with you. Today I am sharing a 12x12" mixed media scrapbook layout that features the February release Graffiti Grunge collection; as well as Colour Paste and Colour Artist Ink. I chose to document a fun photo taken with my kids when we were at a theme park.


Before I started, I gathered together my supplies - I chose the Tough paper from the Graffiti Grunge collection for my page base; along with the Direct Links die (also from the GG collection); the Peony Dreams stamp set (from the January Spread Your Wings collection); and Bling Colour Paste.


I began by adding some stamping to my page using the Peony Dreams stamp. Rather than stamping the entire image as a whole, I used parts of the stamp randomly with black ink to define the focal area of my layout where my photo was going to go; along with a small amount of stamping in the bottom right corner where I planned to place my title.


I then chose a Seth Apter designed stencil from StencilGirl to add some Bling Colour Paste over the top of the stamping, to add further interest to the focal area of my page. With the excess paste on my palette knife I simply wiped it off randomly around my page. 


At this point I decided the page needed some extra depth of colour, so I added a splattering of Rust Colour Artist Ink to the page using a small, stiff brush and then dried the page off. (You can see the shine and depth the Bling Colour Paste has once dry.)


Next, I set about creating some layers as a mat for my photo to sit on. I chose additional papers from the Graffiti Grunge collection and cut a variety of pieces; which I layered with book paper and then stapled it all together, bending and scrunching the edges for extra texture.


With my layered photo mat complete, I then attached it to my page, adding some frayed gauze and messy black cotton on top for soft texture. I also cut the Direct Links die twice from the Epic paper, cutting one in half and layering it over the top of the gauze so it the arrow head and tail were sticking out on both sides of the photo mat.


With the second die cut, I cut some of the extra chain links from it and adhered them so they would protrude from below the photo, then stuck an extra arrow head on the right side; before sticking my photo down on top.


With my photo in place, it was now time to embellish my page. I began with my title cluster - adding a couple of small torn scraps of paper (left over from my die cutting) over the stamping and paste I had on the page. To tie in with photo cluster, I also added some messy black cotton; then a butterfly sticker and the words "Be Fearless", which I had fussy cut from the Be Yourself Word Sheet.


I then tucked two butterfly stickers into the photo cluster (because "rule of threes", right?) and a die cut star. I then used several pieces from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Boys Rule' chipboard pack to add a few pops of dimension to the page. I added a few small pentagons, some chipboard stars and used the negative from another piece (cut in half) to frame my title words.
To finish off, I added the "fun and games" chipboard banner piece along the bottom edge of my photo and I was done!


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. The Graffiti Grunge collection is currently available to purchase in the Colour Blast online store, along with the die, stamp, Colour Paste and Colour Artist Ink I used on this page. Alternatively, you can ask at your favourite craft retailer. 
Until next time, happy scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment