Thursday 2 May 2019

Journey by Suzy Loudon

Hi everyone. Today I have a layout using the Colour Blast Graffiti Grunge Collection. Such a great collection so get your hands on it quick.


To begin my layout I tore the edges of my paper. I used "Fierce" from the Graffiti Grunge Collection -February Release. I then stuck it down onto black card.


I cut up the "Choose"  paper from the Graffiti Grunge Collection & then inked the edges. I didn't end up using all the pieces.


Using the Direct Links Die I cut it out with chipboard before embossing it with Dusty Charcoal Colour Embossing Powder. I later cut off the left chains & arrow as they would be covered by my photo & used it elsewhere on the page.


Using the Linked In Die I cut it out with chipboard before embossing with Steel  Colour Embossing Powder. I cut the big piece into various pieces later when assembling my page.


I had some barbed wire chipboard which I embossed with Stormy Weather then whilst still not completely set I lightly sprinkled with Singin' The Blues Colour Embossing Powder.


My chipboard title I double embossed with Just Blue  Embossing Powder. Before it was set I stamped it with a stamp. I rubbed some Dorland's Wax onto the stamp first so the embossing powder wouldn't stick to it.


I had assembled my page but wasn't happy. I felt it needed a bit more colour. So I used Just Blue Colour Paste using a section of the Time Magic Stencil from the Limited Edition Collection.


After assembling everything I covered my photo & using watered down Heavy Black Gesso I splattered around my page.


Here's a few close ups.





If you haven't already gotten your hands on this wonderful collection check it out at your local shops or online. Or a better way to not miss out on future collections is to sign up for the monthly Kit Club Membership.

Thanks for looking.
xxx Suzy






No comments:

Post a Comment