Wednesday 14 June 2017

A Big Thumbs Up!! by Danielle Vertigan

There is so much for me to love in this layout....
My daughter is very outgoing and is very much like her Daddy.
Today I get to share a snippet of the moments they share with of coarse my favourite products Colour Blast.
My first step was to use the Black Heavy Gesso
and a paint Brush on my 12x12 sheet of cardstock.

Using this I roughly painted an offset diamond with two longer sides. 



Once this was dry I selected a range of Colour Shimmer Sprays that would tie in with my photograph.
The colours I've chosen are
and Blush



Using my chosen stencil I layed it over the Black Gesso, as pictured you will see the stencil doesn't completely cover the gesso image.
I slightly moved the stencil when needed.



Using the complete colour selection I sprayed around my layout.
I kept my image close by and used this as a guide to help dictate the colour pattern.
You will notice from the below image I moved the stencil down to complete my spritzing however I chose not to move it the right if my page.
This is completely up to your personal choice.

I then selected 2 texture stamps and began with the arrows which I randomly stamped around the border of my diamond.
I find doing this without a block gives me the flexibility to bend my stamp so I can avoid square edges.
I then used the second stamp to fill in any gaps.
The grid stamp is perfect for this and used again without a block.
Then using a black Gel Pen I added a border freehand you can use any design.
Today I have gone with a simple double line and add a few scratching's.
Its time for Colour Paste fun and toady I'm playing with
I've gone with these again guided by my image.

I added these over the Colour Shimmer Sprays sticking with the same colour pattern.
I am currently loving this circle stencil is fast becoming a new fav!


I like to try and use up my offcuts where I can.
all these stripes pictured where collected into a pack from a previous layout.
I simply started layering these behind my photograph.


I'm pretty happy with how the backing turned out.
The arrow and tag where apart of the same collection and added in


I added some Journaling which I'm finding myself doing more and more these days.
At this point I wanted to add a touch of Star Power.
Sing'n the Blues Colour Paste was just what I needed.
This was also a great way to wrap in my journaling so it became apart of the layout itself.


The last touch was a little white splatter.
I used the water with my Heavy White Gesso and flicked it across my layout
with a thin paint brush.


This gave me the last touch I needed.


A few close ups of how these Products look layered together.


The Shimmer from the Sprays is by far always a standout.
I like the contrast of colour from the White Cardstock and the Black Gesso


I went back over a few areas using a baby wipe to remove any gesso from over the Colour Paste that I wasn't happy with.
Its easy to do and can be done visually.


I'm really loving the Layers and textures on this one.


Thanks for stopping by.
Id love to see how you layer your products on your next layout.

Danni







No comments:

Post a Comment