Thursday 1 June 2017

Be the Best Version of You by Suzy Loudon

 Hello Colour Blast friends. I've been playing and getting my hands all messy once again. 
Today I share another 12x12 layout.

 

To begin with I spread some White Heavy Gesso through a brick stencil and popped it aside to dry.


When the Gesso was fully dry I sprayed the brick area where I wanted colour with water before spraying with Colour Sprays. I used Sapphire and Coffee.I added more sprays of water to run the colour back & forth over my page running it through the bricks.


I did this until all my bricks were pretty much covered and I had varying coverage to add texture.


I felt it looked a bit flat so I sprayed Colour Shimmer Sprays in Singin The Blues & Leather on the corresponding blue & brown.


I sprayed some Coffee Colour Spray onto my craft mat and also some water. Using my flat paint brush I soaked it in the water then mixed in small amounts of the Coffee Colour Spray for a very light watery mix. I dabbed this around my page for a light border. I went around a second time with a stronger colour mix and not applying quite as much as the first time.


I grabbed some brick chipboard. I had to scrape the very last of my Dusty Charcoal Colour Paste out of the container. It had started to set a little so it was a bit rough to spread, so I just spread it the best I could in one big mess. I left it to dry on my mat before lifting off. It was a very messy finish so I just pulled off some of the messy bits not worrying to much as I wasn't after a clean finish. I then cut it into random bits.


I used Stazon black ink to randomly stamp around my background.


I grabbed some chipboard stars ready to emboss. I stamped with matching colours before applying Colour Embossing Powder in Apple of my Eye, Lipstick & Just Blue. When the first coat of Embossing Powder was just melted I quickly stuck it back in the powder to give it a second coating.


Time to assemble my page. Where my photo was going I stuck down a nice thick piece of cardboard. This allowed me to then glue my brick chipboard around it.


Using my finger I spread White Heavy Gesso around my photo giving it a light border.


Before I stuck my photo on I added some black twine & some coloured hessian that I had. 


Check out the wonderful shimmer.


Thanks again for looking.
See you next time,
xxx Suzy





No comments:

Post a Comment