Tuesday 13 June 2017

Eww Don't Eat It by Krisy Podolak

Hi Colour Blast Lovelies,

Today I want to share with a layout that I first created when I joined the Colour Blast Design team.  This layout was selected for publishing and then the publisher changed hands and I have been given the all clear to share it how I see fit.  It is too good of a layout not to share it here. 

Unfortunately, there are no process photos or a video but I will describe the process so that you can create a similar background if you like, it looks more complicated than it really is.

For this layout I used Colour Sprays in Saffron & Rainforest.  I wanted to create an interesting background with layers but only limited colours.

I chose the yellow and green colours to compliment my photo.  I always look at my photos for colour inspiration when creating a layout.  I then chose two stencils.  In this case a chevron and spots.  I randomly sprayed the colour through the stencil in various areas of the page but mainly in a cross  across the middle of the page and down the centre.  Then I dried the colour and repeated the process with the second colour and stencil.  Then I dried it again.  By drying between layer it prevents them from mixing too much.

Once the colours were dry, I held the sprays close to the page and sprayed them while tiling it up on an angle.  This created the drips.  All the over spray is covered by the photo, embellishments and the black strip across the middle.  I added the black strip across the middle to allow the photo to really POP agains the green and yellow.  To add the black , I did this using a wet paint brush and some water I added a strip of Road Base Colour Spray as a water colour.

This layout is all about the background and the story.  Both go hand in hand.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Krisy xx


No comments:

Post a Comment