Sunday 30 July 2017

In The Limelight by Farrel Tailor

Hey there Colour Blast peeps!!

Well today is the last time you will see my posts here at Colour Blast. I would like to start off by saying a huge thank you to Tenisha and the awesome girls at Colour Blast. I have enjoyed every moment being apart of this amazing team for the last 12 months. 
I would also like to send a massive thank you to all of you that have liked or commented on my work. It means the world to me - you guys rock and will always hold a special place in my heart!!!

So with that said here is my last layout using 7 Dots Studios Hazy Days and my favourite Colour Shimmer Dusts and paste.


I started off by cutting my background cardstock and creating the layers for behind my photo. I used a pencil to mark where my photo was going to go for the next step.



Next I used White Heavy Gesso and applied it in short strokes using an old gift card.


Once it was dry I then used an alphabet stencil and Watering Can Archival ink to add the stenciling to the background.


After I gave my stenciled areas a quick dry with my heat gun, I then used Sunflower Colour Shimmer Dust and mixed a small amount with water. 


I then applied it to my layout with a baby wipe in a dabbing motion.


I used the same technique with Peacock and Duke Colour Shimmer Dust. Making sure I dried the dust in between colours.


Once I was happy with the colours I used Stormy Weather Colour Paste with a Dusty Attic Criss Cross Stencil and dried with my heat gun.


And the last step I used Peacock Colour Shimmer Dust (my favourite colour ever!!!) to add some colour to the die cut stars from Hazy Days. A little goes such a long way with the dust so I only dipped the tip of my wet paint brush into the lid of the powder.


To finish it off I added some stamping using archival ink, some staples and a flair from Funky Flair Studios and there you have it, another layout completed using these amazing products.


So thank you again to everyone that has followed me and allowed me to share my creations with you all. Stay creative and I love you all xx





No comments:

Post a Comment