Monday 10 July 2017

Love, Love, Love by Tracey Campbell

Hello and welcome back Colour Blast fans. It is my turn today to work with some of the Colour Blast's high quality Australian made products and let me warn you that these products are addictive - You can not stop with just one!!
The layout I created is one of my husband and my daughters walking along exploring one of the many national parks in the Northern Territory, I must confess that I love snapping 'unaware' photos of our little family just doing normal everyday things, it makes every moment together special.
The first thing I did for this layout was to create the background and as the photo was taken outside I was inspired to use something from nature.... and I chose feathers.
 Using Bling, Envy, Just Blue and Steel Colour Paste I spread small amounts through a stencil.
 You can see that I was selective of where I put which colour.
 Once the Colour Paste was dry I sprinkled small amounts of Peacock Colour Shimmer Dust around the feathers and then activated the Colour Shimmer Dust with a generous spray of water.
 Once the Colour Shimmer Dust was dry I placed the photo onto the background and felt that it needed a bit of extra colour, being inspired by the purple t-shirt that my eldest daughter is wearing I decided that the layout need a touch of purple.
 So I sprinkled some Velvet Colour Shimmer Dust around on the background and activated with a few sprays of water. Caution spraying the layout again will activate the Colour Shimmer Dust that is already dried on your page. Don't be afraid go with it as the Colour Shimmer Dusts blend beautifully together and create a new colour.
 After going through my stash of scrapping supplies I realised that I don't own that many feathery embellishments, so I decided to create my own. I used a permanent black ink and stamped a few feathers onto some cardstock. I then splattered some Indigo and Caribbean Colour Spray and some Envy Colour Shimmer Spray over the top of the stamped image and while wet I used a piece of scrap plastic to flatten the splatters out - giving the feathers a messy water paint look. I then used the straw from the bottle of Bubblegum Colour Stray and splattered over the top. Once they were dry I fussy cut them out.
 Next I wanted the photo to stand out a bit from the background so I used some cargo tags to mat it. I then added some sticker embellishments, some twine and tucked the fussy cut feathers around the layout.
 
Now I want to share with you one of the great things I love about the Colour Blast Product.... even if you make a mistake keep it as a mistake can be repurposed into something else. For a layout that I started ages ago I was creating a background and after I sprayed lines of Grape and Love Colour Spray and Envy Colour Shimmer Spray through a stencil I smeared it whilst trying to lift the soaked stencil off the background.
Here you can see where I smeared it - it wasn't what I wanted for my layout, but I couldn't bring myself to throw it away. Now as I was saying don't throw you mistakes out... I used this mistake for my title. I drew/wrote the word "LOVE" in bold letters and then fussy cut it - which I then used as a template and repeated the process four other times. So now I have an individualised title. To finish off the layout I drew around my title and the outer edge of the cardstock with a black pen, then I used an eye dropper to randomly scatter some large splats of Roadbase Colour Spray over the page.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope that my layout has inspired you and you are now reaching for your Colour Blast products to start creating.
Hugs
Tracey.


No comments:

Post a Comment