Friday 8 September 2017

Dance to the beat of your own drum by Fiona Hughes

.



Hello fellow Colourblast lovers.
 Today I want to share with you this grungy page featuring my beautiful friend, LiiBanic, from Norway. LiiBanic is a young and upcoming model and soccer player. This picture was from one of his professional photo shoots.
 I fell in love with it... can you see why?
Shall we start...?


Firstly, i grabbed my heavy gauge Kraft cardstock, and using an old iTunes card, smeared the gorgeous, Heavy Black Gesso, in a random diagonal-ish way, across most of the page.


I then chose  a really neat star stencil and my 3 absolute favourite go-to grungy ColourPastes- Dusty Charcoal, Stormy Weather & Steel. Across the opposite diagonal direction, I smooched blobs of the 3 colours through the stencil, without mixing the colours.
I let this all dry naturally this time, so the page didn't buckle too much.








I love how much texture this brings to my page. I also love the subtle detail that the 3 colours add, once dry.
So, next I began piecing together all the other embellishment elements together.


This page came together really easily, with minimal patterned paper, a flair button, some wood veneer pieces and a bit of coloured thread.


Layering and clustering the minimal embellishments around the photo.


I used the ColourSpray- Roadbase, to add a few splatters around the page to provide some added interest.


You can see how lovely these products are, they are really easy to use... & they give the most awesome effects for all your pages and OTP projects. 

Give them a go, you won't be disappointed.

Have a wonderful day guys.
Cheers, Fi x.



No comments:

Post a Comment