Friday 29 September 2017

Masculine Cards by Amy Churchward

Hello there, Colour Blast Fans, it’s Amy here!
If you are like me, being a mum with boys with friends with parties to go to… then it is handy to be able to make masculine cards.
So here is how I created these cards.
I cut four card bases to create the traditional card sizes – C6. Score with either the scorer or your trimmer or a bone folder.
Next I cut four white bases, using water colour paper, cut to fit onto the base card stock.
Then to create the background for all the cards, I used various techniques, as follows:
Watercolour – wet the paper, then with a paint brush, applied some Deep Water Colour Shimmer Spray and moved the paper around to allow for good coverage.
 
Created circles – using the lid of the Carribean  Colour Spray, stamped onto the coloured surface.
 
Splattered some Deep Water Colour Shimmer Spray and Carribean Colour Spray using the straw from the bottles.
More colour: using the Apple of My Eye Colour Shimmer Cubes with water on a paintbrush, I applied it sporadically over the prepared background. This really added another dimension to my creation!
 
After the card backgrounds were prepared, I moved onto giving my embellishments a splash of colour.
After I primed the chipboard cogs with Heavy White Gesso, I coated them with Sunshine and Apple of My Eye Colour Shimmer Cubes – I love the versatility of these little treasures!
Using a permanent based ink, I stamped the background with a stamp with some ‘industrial appeal’ – you could use whatever stamp you choose, though.
Heat Embossing. Using a heatgun, I heat embossed the chipboard words in the Just Blue Colour Embossing Powder – which added a superb striking and vibrant effect.
I adhered the water colour panels to the card stock, then arranged the chipboard and embellishments onto the cards as desired 
…and voila!
Here are some close-ups of the cards…
  
Happy card making!
ColourBlast Australia website
'till next time, ciao!
Amy Churchward



No comments:

Post a Comment