Wednesday 24 October 2018

"Happy Days" layout + process video by Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
Sue Plumb here to share my latest design team project with you. Today I have a mixed media scrapbook layout that I created using Colour Artist Inks; Colour Paste; and a Colour Shimmer Brush Marker.



To create my page, I applied drops of Colour Artist Inks in Oasis, Calypso, Mermaid and Marine directly to my messy mat using the dropper. I then placed my cardstock on top to soak up the ink. I also added some splatters using a small brush.



Once I had the ink down on the background, I used 'Singin' the Blues' Colour Paste through a stencil in a few areas to add some subtle texture.



Next, I added some papery layers behind my photo. I used up some old Echo Park papers from my stash, along with some frayed gauze for texture. I also used some of the coordinating Echo Park stickers, and some puffy stickers from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.




Alongside my photo I added a Charms Creations heart embellishment, topped with a Cocoa Vanilla Studio flair button. I also added a couple of Cocoa Vanilla resin hearts to my page.
For my title, I used a Kinder Kreations wood veneer, which I coloured by painting it with 'Marine' Colour Artist Ink.



I used a fine tipped white paint pen to add some details to the title, before adding some shimmer with a Clear Colour Shimmer Brush Marker.




To finish off my page I added some final splatters using 'Marine' Colour Artist Ink and a small, stiff brush.

If you would like to see exactly how I put this page together, you can watch my process video on the Colour Blast YouTube channel here:


Until next time, happy scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment