My page today started with an idea to try and experiment with alcohol and Colour Artist Inks.
I want to start by saying that I didn't make "alcohol ink" as we already know it, but it definitely has a very close look to it when dry.
I also want to say that if you're going to play with Alcohol in your products, be in a ventilated area. The odour is quite strong.
First I've added a small amount of alcohol (high percentage purchased from hardware store) to some little tubs.
I added a dropper full of each colour into each tub and gave them a little swirl.
Then I popped a small amount of alcohol blending solution on some strips of yupo and added the colours with some pipettes. Today I used Citrus Colour Artist Ink, Lime Colour Artist Ink and Mermaid Colour Artist Ink.
I kept repeating this and adding spritzes of alcohol until I was happy with the result. I also used a straw to blow this around the yupo. As the ink dries it changes shape and colour and is a more matte look on the yupo.
Again, make sure you are in a well ventilated area to do this.
I did try experimenting also, only using blending solution and no alcohol but found the ink didn't move as freely. Also the darker colours way took over the lighter ones and had a lot longer drying time.
Once dried, I die cut these into hearts and glued them across a small strip of the yupo. When this was dry I messy machine stitched across these. I left the big one and the little row of heats off so that I could add them at the end with a little dimension.
For my background I used Peacock Colour Shimmer Dust.
This was mixed with a small amount of water on some plastic packaging and I smooched it down onto the paper a few times.
Each time I rub my fingers over the plastic, moving the colour where to where I want it.
I was also able to manipulate where and how the colour looked with some heat drying.
Once dried (and drooled over cause look at that colour ♥) I've done a little random stamping.
My whole plan with the "alcohol ink" thing was to add foil to my little hearts. The method I used in this post just didn't work as it normally does. I found my mix of alcohol and Colour Artist Ink just wasn't as sticky as Alcohol Ink itself, so the foil just wouldn't stick to the ink. It just wanted to wipe it off.
So to get around that, I have used a 'marble' type look stencil and smooched some sticky glue into it and adhered some gilding flakes. Once stuck you just buff off the excess.
OMG. I could not be happier with the way this looks on the Peacock ink. Definitely added to my to do again list.
The last thing I did was pick my photo. Unless I have a specific pic I want to use, I tend to work backwards cause to me it's all about creating and memory making is the last thing I'm thinking of.
Lucky I had the perfect photo to go with.
I then just trimmed the edges and mounted on some black cardstock.
Hope you've been inspired ♥