Thursday 21 April 2016

Be Your Own Kind Of Beautiful by Suzy Loudon

Today I am back with a very quick and easy page.

Firstly I gathered some Colour Blast goodies, cardstock & stencil...

I began by using my Pastes in Snow White, Lipstick, Bling & Singin' The Blues through my stencil.
And a quick doodle around the edge in a white gel pen.

Whilst that dried I sprayed my flowers in Lovely Lilac, Lipstick, Singin' The Blues & Apple of my Eye. I find I get a better result if I let my flowers dry naturally rather than blasting the heck out of them with a heat gun. Although I do tend to get impatient & end up blasting at the end most times. (I didn't end up using them all but have saved for another page later)

I then got onto my chipboard. I painted some gesso onto the chippy then quickly sprinkled small amounts of embossing powder in Lipstick, Apple of my Eye & Singin' The Blues, I then gave a sprinkle of clear embossing powder before heating.  I got a really cool bubbled effect. But I only did small portions at a time(about 2-3 cm) otherwise the gesso got a dry coating on top & the embossing powder didn't stick.

The textured effect was really cool.

The title I used Bling embossing.

Once dry I added my flowers (loving the shimmer of the sprays)

A few extra touches and we're done.

Hope you have been inspired to create your own and play with the great Colour Blast products.

Till next time, Suzy




No comments:

Post a Comment