Tuesday 19 April 2016

Fly Free Art Journal Page By Krisy Podolak

Today I am sharing another Art Journal Page.  This page started off in my scrap pile.  It was a background that I had started a while ago but then I changed my mind or another turned out better (I often make more than one) and it got added to the pile of backgrounds that seems to be breeding in my art room.

The background is acrylic pain and tissue paper. Over the top I added some plain white texture paste through a stencil I made by diecutting some feathers from some cardstock.


While the white paste was wet, I added some coloured details of Colour Blast Colour Paste in Singin The Blues, Rose Petal, Envy and Bling.  By applying the paste with a paint brush it creates texture and an almost Monet feel.  You just have to apply the paint quite thick and not work with it too much to ensure the colours don't mix too much.

Once that was dry, I used Charcoal pencil and black drawing ink to add a bit of shadow. Finally I added some stamping to the background and some words just printed off the computer.  
As always there is a process video that goes along with this page so check it out on YouTube - POPLEOPOD.  Don't forget to subscribe to see how I use Colour Blast in my upcoming shares.

No comments:

Post a Comment