Hello Colour Blast fans,
Excited to be here to share my second scrapbook page for August, that I created using the wonderful and awesome Colour Blast products. Truth be told, a little bit of Colour Blast seems to be making it onto all my pages lately!
Here is my page and some close ups, where we can look at the Colour Blast products I used.
I used Colour Blast products on both the background and for the key embellishments of this page.
Creating the background:
1. First, I did use white gesso on the background, as I wanted to use some water with the Colour Blast Sprays, so always best to Gesso first!
2. Next, I used Colour Paste Steel through the alphabet stencil.
3. Once dried, I applied Colour Paste Fire Engine through the heart stencil.
4. Next I used the Colour Shimmer Spray Steel with a water brush, and painted on the background. I sprayed water to move the colour on the page and dried it with a heat gun. You can see the water-wash effect this creates in the close up pictures below.
5. I also used a paintbrush with the Colour Spray Road Base to paint lightly around the edges of the white cardstock.
6. Lastly, I made some light splatters of both Colour Shimmer Spray Steel and Colour Spray Road base onto the layout. (I used a paintbrush to do this).
Creating the embellishments:
1. The red heart was created using Colour Paste Fire Engine. I painted a think coat of the paste on and dried it with a heat gun, giving it a bubbled effect. I also sprinkled some Colour Embossing Powder Dusty Charcoal on during the drying process and heated this into the paint.
2. The different chipboard and wood veneer elements were heat embossed using Colour Embossing Powder Dusty Charcoal.
That's my page for the month. If you interested in the full Colour Blast range click on the link to the website