Friday 11 August 2017

Just Be Cool - by Fiona Hughes

Hi everyone, 
It's Fiona again, here to share another layout using the awesome Colour Blast products.
This bright and textured page is featuring by son, Angus. He is a sponsored Scooter Champion and this photo was taken to advertise one of his sponsors- VADE clothing.

Let's get started then, shall we?
I decided to work on a 12 x 12 piece of watercolour paper today. I trimmed 1 cm off 2 sides first of all. I then chose 2 of my favourite Colour Shimmer Dusts- Peacock & Duke, to form the beautiful bright background colour for the layout i had in mind.  I sprayed the cardstock with water and sprinkled the shimmery goodness & activated it further with some more water, to move the colour freely over the page.


I helped the drying process with my heat tool, (this also helps to move the shimmery colour too.)

I chose a star stencil & Colour paste- Sunshine as contrast. 
I worked the paste through the stencil, sort of in a diagonal way, with my pallet knife and set it aside to dry.


Looks good huh?!


I then mounted the dried background to a lime green cardstock.

I felt this needed something more, so I grabbed my Colour Spray- Roadbase & used the straw end of the spray nozzle to splatter some random splotches over the page, left this to dry too.


I gathered some embellishments, to cluster with some hidden journalling, one of which is a calico and hessian DIY heart, that I coloured with Colour Spray - Saffron. Oh and I sprayed the 2 wood veneer pieces too.

Ok I admit it, I might have hastened the drying time a little bit, because I can't leave a page until it is finished.


So all I needed to do then was a little fussy cutting of the title & put it all together.




Overall it's little messy but I hope you like the final product. Using these lovely mediums is so much fun, you just gotta try them.

Have a great day friends.


Cheers, Fi x


No comments:

Post a Comment