Saturday 19 August 2017

"Timeless" by Amanda H

Hello Colour Blast fans!

I love that Colour Blast has 21 colours in our base range of products - that means that every month our team can come up with a variety of colour combinations! I keep finding new ways to combine the colours - this month, I have combined cool colours: Deep Water and Apple of my Eye with the earthy metallic tones of Leather and Stormy Weather. And it is perfect for this windmill photo taken during my trip to Amsterdam.

Here is a sneak peek, before we look at the steps I followed to create the page.


I started with a white cardstock base, and using two Colour Pastes: Stormy Weather and Leather, I swiped them through a stencil.

I used both colours through the stencil at the same time, and I like the effect of the two colours together.
While my Colour Paste is drying, I used White Heavy Gesso to paint some chipboard and wood veneer cogs. I will be embossing these cogs, and I quite like the different effect you can get by painting the pieces with gesso before embossing.
Then, I heat emboss the cogs using Colour Embossing Powder in Stormy Weather and Deep Water.
   

  

Lastly, I grabbed my beautiful Colour Shimmer Cube in Apple of my Eye, to create some drippy effects on the page. I loaded quite a lot of water and colour on a brush and, holding the page vertical, I let it drip down the page.
I also add some generous splatters of colour from the Colour Shimmer Cubes, in Apple of my Eye and Leather.


All that done, I am ready to assemble my page, with a few extra papers and embellishments.
Here is my final page and some close ups.... I really do love the combination of colours I created for this page!








Thanks for looking today. And please remember that we love seeing your creations in our sharing group on Facebook: Colour Blast Creative Corner. What is your lastest favourite colour combo?
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment