Tuesday 15 May 2018

"Be Yourself" by Rachel Dutko

Hello again Colour Blasters!

Today I have a selfie layout to share-
"Be Yourself"


I created my base colour by mixing some Watermelon Colour Mica Powder 
with some White Heavy Gesso, then scraping across some 
heavy weight cardstock with a palette knife. 
I liked the muted, chalky texture to this layer.


 Next I added Punch Colour Paste through a stencil, then once it was dry 
I added some Bling Colour Paste through another stencil. 





I also added some stamping to my background to add some depth, 
before adding my embellishments and photo.


I used some gorgeous chipboard from Scrapmatts, which I coloured with black ink then heat embossed with Dusty Charcoal Colour Embossing Powder.

 




 To add some more detail to the page I covered my photo with some scrap paper, then added some splatters with Cranberry and Bordeaux Colour Artist Inks, then also with Road Base Colour Spray for some smaller splatters.








I just love the way this page turned out, especially the shine of the Bling and Punch Colour Paste poking out from under the layers for a touch of glam. 



Thanks for looking
Rachel x x



No comments:

Post a Comment