Wednesday 12 December 2018

How you have grown Layout- Chrissi M

Hello Lovelies! Merry Christmas!
Im a big kid at this time of year, I adore Christmas, so I just HAD to make my project a Christmas themed one. And with that in mind, I decided to document my boys from the past 7 years.
Every year, we take a photo under our tree after we have decorated it, and this year I couldn't help notice how grown up the boys look. So I went through my old photos to see how little they were. That's when I had the idea to scrap them all on a layout.
For this layout, I wanted to try using the Snow White Colour Paste as a resist. It worked out really well. I started out by applying my colour paste through a star burst stencil I had. Then used my heat gun to dry it really well.
On my white background, you can't really see the Snow White Colour Paste. It gives a gorgeous shimmer in the light, but its going to show up amazingly in the next step.
Sticking with my traditional Christmas colours, I wanted a vibrant red for my background. So I chose the Love Colour Spray. I didnt want to spray the colour, I wanted more control, so I poured some of the spray into a small palette and used a brush to apply it like a water colour.
And this was my result. As you can see, that Snow White Colour Paste pops right off that Love Colour Spray. I loved how this worked out.
I then needed to add some gold I felt. Good old Bling Colour Shimmer Spray for that. Adding some gorgeous gold splatters to my page, giving it a real Christmasy feel.

My original plan was to have a small strip of photos, with the star burst coming from behind the top and bottom. Only problem was, I had too many photos. I couldn't bring my self not to use them all though, i really wanted to see how they had grown. So i modified my plan and made it work. In the end, I think the composition looks a little like a Christmas tree lol.
After adding my photos and title, I didn't do much else with my layout. I'm not usually one to use multiple photos on a layout, and this is definantly the most I have EVER used. So I felt it was fine not to embellish too much. I added a gold title, to the top and bottom of the layout, which I really like. Then I added a border just to tie it all together. I didn't want to use a black pen, I didn't think that work work, so I grabbed a lead pencil and used that. I also used it to add some journalling. And I called it done. 

I hope you enjoy my Christmasy layout. My next post is the day after Christmas, so until then, have a Merry Christmas Lovelies.

Chrissi xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment